about     shop     contact         

Monday, August 19, 2013

how to wear leather to work


 
Top: (faux leather) Macy’s//Skirt: Zara//Heels: Zara//Bag:Coach

Mixing work and play can be difficult, especially when it comes to clothing.  Over the years I’ve found there’s a dividing line between “work” clothes and “going out” clothes.  I’m been trying to buy pieces that are more dynamic.  This darling top I picked up from Macy’s is a great example.
As we know, leather is one of fall’s trendiest pieces.  So how do you incorporate your favorite faux/real leather pieces into your daily work wear.  Here are two tips that might help you prior to splurging on your next leather good. 

Tip #1- Mix materials. As you can see, the leather (which is in the front) is the same color as the rest of the material.  A leather peplum or leather pencil skirt is probably not the best idea for the office, however if you mix it with wool or cotton it’s great to wear under a blazer or tucked in a pencil skirt. 

Tip #2- Neutral Colors. I picked up this white peplum because I knew I could wear it with a bright color skirt or black slacks.  This top is also great because I can mix it with ripped boyfriend jeans, which go great with sexy pumps or boat shoes.  So there’s a variety of things you can do with a simple color.  I’d recommend sticking with basic colors, when it comes to leather.  Red leather is a little tough to pull off in the office (unless  you work in a fashion forward office), opposed to a nude top with a black pencil skirt. 
 
logo olivia j

11 comments:

  1. Super chic working attire, love the neutral tone and the prints make it fun and chic! Love your blog and style dear. Im your newest follower on fb ;)

    http://www.girllilikoi.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lilikoi! Yes, I'm surrounded by suits, need to mix it up. Excited for my new FB follower.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Cylia. Nude strappy heels are my favorite, especially these Zara heels.

      Delete
  3. I love the outfit , the skirt is so cute ,

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fowzee. Found the skirt at Zara on sale! I was holding out for a few months. Glad I was able to pic it up.

      Delete
  4. Your hair looks fabulous! Actually your whole ensemble is fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! Trying to mix things up with my hair :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The bag is such a great piece to my collection. It can be worn as a cross body, which is nice when I'm lugging around a few too many things in my bag.

      Delete
  6. Sorry but where can I follow you on GFC?

    xx

    Alina
    wavystyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Olivia