about     shop     contact         

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What to Wear to Work in the Winter


Hi everyone! Just a few more days in San Francisco. We're trying to see as many friends as possible. It's hard to believe we only moved six months ago! It feels like it's been years since we've been back. Tomorrow night we take the red-eye back to NYC. It's going to be bitter sweet. The weather in SF has been so beautiful and I know the cold weather in NYC is waiting for us to arrive.

What to wear to work has been my biggest adjustment with the change of weather. Growing up in the Midwest I'm no stranger to the bitter cold, but dressing as a professional in this weather is new to me. Today's outfit has been a common outfit I've been wearing to work this season. The tights and wool dress have been essential to my daily wardrobe. When I first moved to NYC I was dreading wearing tights to work.  I've been surprised how happy I am with the tights I own. These tights from Hanes are warm, durable and the perfect shade for the LBD you wear to the office. My trick to making tights comfortable enough to wear an entire workday is clipping the top band. It loosens up the fit and you don't feel like you're suffocating. 

Dress :: Banana Republic
Sweater :: The Limited old (similar here & here
Belt :: Banana Republic (love this one)
Tights :: Hanes c/o
Heels :: Halogen
Necklace :: NYC Street Vendor
Watch :: Michael Kors (similar here)
Bangle :: Kate Spade

 photo instagram.png photo bloglovin.png photo mail.png photo facebook.png photo twitter.png photo pinterest.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia