about     shop     contact         

Friday, March 6, 2015

Casual Look | Red Accents

RED_6
RED_4
RED_3
RED_1
RED_5
 
 Today I want to share a personal career experience with my readers. As some of you might know, two months ago I started a new job. This took months to make this decision and even after making this decision, I was still questioning if I made the right move for myself, personally and professionally. 

In 2010, I started working in silicon valley at one of the largest tech companies in the world. Knowing little about technology and even less about the business world, I found myself learning how to navigate through the corporate world and met some valuable people along the way. 
 
After my wedding in June 2014,  I sat down to evaluate my career. Finally, after several conversations with my husband and mentors, I started to look at new opportunities within my industry. There were two reasons driving this decision, 1) I wasn't happy at my current job and 2) my long term career goals no longer aligned with my current company. 
 
I spent the next few months applying for jobs. None seemed to "feel" like the right fit and then I found the perfect opportunity. Funny enough, it was the one that was staring me right in the face for the past two years. The company that I continued to say "no, not yet" and "I don't think it's the right fit." Several interviews took place, I got the job and I started this January. 
 
My life has completed changed. I've never been happier in my career. Over the course of five years, I  accepted the fact that work wasn't enjoyable and convinced myself that I'd never would be. Well, that's not true. For those who feel like they're in a similar situation, I encouraged you to follow your dreams, heart and desires and make a leap of faith (a strategic one) in your career and find something that makes you happy everyday.

Coat -Gap (also love this style)
 Denim - AG Skinny Jeans
Heels - DVF Bethany 
Bag - Chloe Marcie Hobo



Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia